Monday, November 9, 2009

The Sun Inn

Family Weekend is the time when a student’s family pays too much money to come visit their child. For my parents, this weekend included spending money on the plane tickets from Wisconsin to the Lehigh Valley International Airport, renting a car, a hotel (which is always more expensive over family weekend), nice dinners, and, of course, a shopping trip to load up on food items. Therefore, it is always nice when we run across things to do that cost no money. While walking around North Bethlehem, my dad had been pestering me to go to the Moravian Museum, but since I had already visited that establishment, I did not feel a need to take another tour of it. Strolling down the streets that weren’t Main Street led us to an interesting building. It particularly struck my eye because of the fact that we had just talked about it in my English I class the past week.

This building is known as the Sun Inn, and gains its popularity through the fact that it is thought to be haunted. A tour of this museum took approximately five minutes, since the tour consisted of basically walking around in a circle on the first floor of the hotel. After reading the paragraph on each of the five stations, and not seeing any mention of ghosts, I meandered over to the front desk to confront the man sitting their about the haunted past of the building I was in. He gladly obliged to give me the low-down on the paranormal activity that had been witnessed where we were standing. According to the man I was talking to, dozens of paranormal groups have come through the Inn, and all have thus far concluded that there are ghosts inhabiting the Sun Inn. One in particular, whose name is William, quite the friendly ghost, and simply sits in the chair he is claimed to have died in a long, long time ago. Actually, all of the ghosts I was told of are relatively friendly, which makes the manager happy to be working there. The story that I liked the best is that the catering companies that work on the upper levels of the hotel for private dinners claim that once they put down silverware or other table-settings and then leave for a minute, when they return, the aforementioned items have been moved! While they have not done studies on this particular topic, it is yet another story that adds to the fun of the Sun Inn.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks a lot for a bunch of good tips. I look forward to reading more on the topic in the future. Keep up the good work! This blog is going to be great resource. Love reading it.
    ................................
    good term paper-essay writing help

    ReplyDelete